By Xavier Porter – Brooklyn, NY
The current state of the (130lb – Super Featherweight – Junior Lightweight Division), has an abundance of fighters, who have all, rightfully so, dominated everyone opponent, who has dared to face them, in the squared circle.
Bob Arum’s Top Rank and Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions, have some of the best and elite boxers, signed within their stable, who continue shine/bring attention to a division, that shines bright when the lights are explosively lit.
With that being said, let us bring attention to Abraham “Super” Nova.
Nova, the current undefeated WBA-NABA Super Featherweight Champion is a skillful, power-puncher, with supreme focus and determination, towards becoming a world champion.
Currently ranked at number twelve within the United States in his division, simply put, Nova is ready to shine brighter than any of the current stars who are in and or around his division.
“I’ve already been told that I’m the best 130lb fighter within the stable of Top Rank fighters,” Nova said.
“My team and I have continuously spoke with Brad Goodman (Matchmaker for Top Rank), who also said that I will be the next world champion at 130lb.”
“My last fight was scheduled to be an eliminator bout and the winner would fight Jamel Herring (current WBO Super Featherweight/Junior Lightweight Champion).”
“With the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, it didn’t happen. I still want to fight Herring and others.”
“When it’s all said and done, I will become a world champion, unify the belts, and become a multi-division world champion.”
Nova, (18-0, 14 KOs), who possesses tremendous amateur boxing ability, is also a former stand-out national champion, who fought towards joining the 2016 USA Olympic team.
The Dominican-Puerto Rican-born fighter, who continues to fight out of his home city of Albany, NY, has faced all different styles of opponents, most importantly within the states and internationally.
Again, I must state this again:
Nova (18-0, 14 KOs) and has his sights on becoming a world champion, within his current division (Super Featherweight, Junior Lightweight -130lb), as well as unifying the titles, and eventually becoming a two and three division world champion in the near future.
The undefeated power-puncher and skillful boxer, is focused, determined, and ready to shine brighter than all the stars in boxing, that happen to be set in front of him.
Currently, the Super Featherweight (130lb) and Lightweight division (135lb) have a hot bed of world champions, title contenders, and prospects, all vying to be the dominant fighters in their respective division.
Nova, who is currently fighting among these same fighters, shared these sentiments:
“I am a LION among the other animals, in the jungle. I fear no man. I am supremely confident in my boxing abilities.”
“If and when these fights present themselves, I will be ready.”
With that being said, here’s the list of current champions, contenders, and prospects, who all fight in and around Nova’s current division:
- Unified Lightweight Champion Vasily Lomanchenko (possible next fight with Lopez for unification)
- Undefeated IBF Lightweight World Champion Teofimo Lopez (possible next fight with Loma for unification)
- Current WBO Super Featherweight World Champion Jamel Herring (possible next fight with two-division world champion Irish Carl Frampton)
- Current Undefeated WBO Featherweight World Champion Shakur Stevenson (states that he’s moving up to 130lb)
- Current WBC Super Featherweight World Champion Miguel Buerchelt
- Former Featherweight world champion Oscar Valdez
- Current WBC Featherweight World Champion Gary Russell Jr (states that he’s moving up to 135lb)
- Current Undefeated Interim WBA Super Featherweight World Champion Christopher Colbert
- Undefeated WBC Lightweight World Champion Devin Haney
- Undefeated prospect Ryan Garcia
- Undefeated and two-division world champion Gervonta Davis (possible fight with Santa Cruz)
- WBA (Super) Super Featherweight World Champion Leo Santa Cruz (possible fight with Davis)
Nova, emphatically expressed that when the time comes, he’ll be ready to defeat any one of these opponents that steps in the ring to face him.
“I was told that I’d get a shot at Herring after my next fight, which was supposed to be a title eliminator.”
“Since that didn’t take place, because of the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, hopefully, I will get my shot at him and all the other champions.”
“If Shakur, Gervonta, Loma, Colbert or anyone else is there, it doesn’t matter.”
“I am fighting to become a world champion and if any fighter on this list steps in my path, I will have to fight through them to achieve my goal.”
“I’m a pretty big guy for the 130lb division so I will hold off on jumping up to 135lb. When the time is right, I will be ready.”
Nova, again, born in Puerto Rico, of Dominican descent, treasures the day to win a world title, as he continues to fight for his people.
“I’m not ducking or dodging anyone.”
“Once everything takes care of itself, I am here, ready to fight everyone.”
For continued support, follow Nova at:
Xavier Porter is the:
- Host and Producer of the multi-cultural podcast series: SHOOT THE FIVE WITH XAVIER PORTER
- Editor and Lead Writer: brooklynfights.com
- Boxing Analyst for: Facebook FIGHTNIGHTLIVE https://www.facebook.com/FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE/
Subscribe, like, comment, share, and click the notification button: