By Xavier Porter
The sport of boxing has a rising amateur prospect on the ranks and that fighter is named Bobbie Pettigrew Jr, directly from Brownsville, Brooklyn, NY (USA).
Pettigrew, who began boxing, at a young age (2012), after his father refused to allow his son to be bullied in the hard streets of Brownsville (Brooklyn), has progressed and become one of the best amateur boxers within the United States.
At (15), Pettigrew has won and achieved the following accolades, thus far, in his early career:
- Team USA (US)
- Ranked #1 in Country at Junior 63kg
- Rockaway Ropes Boxing
- 2019 USA Boxing National Championship
- 5x National Champion
Inside the Ring:
- USA Boxing National Tournaments
- 2019 Junior Open – 1st
- 2019 Eastern Regional Open – 1st
- 2019 Western Regional Open – 3rd
- 2018 National Junior Olympics – 1st
- 2017 Eastern Regional Open – 3rd
Pettigrew, who maintains a great relationship with current number (1) USA Featherweight Bruce “Shu Shu” Carrington, along with his stable mate (Donte Layne/Elmont, NY), fully understands his position and work ethic, needed to fight in the 2024 Olympics.
Pettigrew maintains balance and focus, outside of things that take place within his community, with continued support from his father and other his primary coaches (Kenyatta Harris – Rockaway Ropes Boxing).
Pettigrew’s favorites include the following:
- Favorite Sports Team: Los Angeles Lakers
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Favorite Movie: The Lion King
- Favorite Music Artist: Nas
- Favorite Boxer: Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Listen close as Pettigrew discusses his influences, motivation, and importance to change how both himself and his community is viewed against the world:
With the amount and continued support that Pettigrew has in place, this young man is surely destined for greatness.
Follow and support Pettigrew’s journey on social media at:
Xavier Porter is the:
- Host | Producer of: SHOOT THE FIVE PODCAST WITH XAVIER PORTER
- Editor and Lead Writer: brooklynfights.com
- Fight Analyst for: Facebook FIGHTNIGHTLIVE https://www.facebook.com/FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE/
Subscribe, like, comment, share, and click the notification button:
- Email: email@example.com