by Xavier Porter – Editor and Lead Writer
“Canelo” Alvarez, considered by most boxing fans, journalists, and this writer, is the number one fighter on the planet.
Alvarez, the current (4-division world champion), (3-division unified world champion) appears to be on a crash course with his arch nemesis, multi-middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin, for some time, later in the of 2021.
Alvarez, after his dominating performance against former WBA, RING Super Middleweight World Champion Callum Smith of the United Kingdom, is now the former 154lb unified, 160lb unified, former WBO Light Heavyweight World Champion, and now unified 168lb world champion.
After his win against Smith, he made sure to express to the world that he is on the hunt of defining his legacy and becoming the undisputed 168lb world champion.
In doing so, he must defeat current IBF 168lb champion Caleb Plant and WBO 168lb world champion Billy Joe Saunders.
Alvarez, who is not signed to any contract or any network, continues to command the attention of all boxing fans and media from around the world.
Alvarez’ career accolades include:
- WBA Super Welterweight Championship
- WBC Super Welterweight Championship
- WBO Super Welterweight Championship
- RING Super Welterweight Championship
- WBA Middleweight Championship
- WBC Middleweight Championship (2x)
- IBF Middleweight Championship
- Ring Middleweight Championship (2x)
- WBA Super Middleweight Championship
- WBC Super Middleweight Championship
- RING Super Middleweight Championship
- WBO Light Heavyweight Championship
Most boxing fans would like to see a third fight between Alvarez vs Golovkin; for now, we’ll have to wait and see if a third fight comes to play.
Both fighters are INTERNATIONAL BOXING HALL OF FAME STATUS, FIRST BALLOT STATUS.
However, in this era of boxing, you’re only as great as your last fight….
Xavier Porter is the:
- Host | Producer of: SHOOT THE FIVE PODCAST WITH XAVIER PORTER
- Editor and Lead Writer: brooklynfights.com
- Fight Analyst for: Facebook FIGHTNIGHTLIVE https://www.facebook.com/FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE/
Subscribe, like, comment, share, and click the notification button:
- Email: email@example.com